- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
On your arrival into Temuco, spend the afternoon shopping for Mapuche handicrafts at the city's Mercado Municipal. Rise early the next morning and drive to Villarrica or Pucón, where you can spend the day exploring a beautiful area, maybe taking a dip in one of the nearby thermal springs. The next day take a hike up Volcán Villarrica. Day four means a drive south to Valdivia, where you can spend the afternoon visiting the modern-art and history museums on Isla Teja. Catch an evening cruise along the Río Valdivia. Rise early the next day and drive to the Bavarian-style village of Frutillar on Lago Llanquihue. Visit the Museo Colonial Alemán and wind up the afternoon partaking of the Chilean onces ritual with a cup of coffee and küchen. Head for Puerto Varas the next day for a thrilling rafting excursion on the nearby Río Petrohué. Save Puerto Montt for your final day, and spend the afternoon shopping for handicrafts in the Angelmó market stalls. Finish with a seafood dinner at one of the market's lively restaurants.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's