- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Hotel Baobab and La Montana Magica Lodge
At a Glance
- the road to the hotels and Huilo Huilo park is not totally paved
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Baobab and La Montana Magica Lodge Review
Part of an ambitious project that will soon include fishing and ski lodges, these two hotels are not only situated amid a beautiful temperate forest, rivers, and lakes but are beautiful on their own. Connected by a long walkway, La Montana Magica Lodge has fewer amenities than the Hotel Baobab, a five-star accommodation shaped like the baobab tree. The hotels are rustic, with walls made from native woods and the floor from handsome stones. The views from the rooms, looking out at an oak forest with constant bird-singing traffic, are tremendous. Diverse nature and outdoor sports excursions in winter and summer are available.
- Address: Camino Internacional, Huilo Huilo, between Netulme and Puerto Fuy,
- Phone: 63/197–0121; 2/335–5938
- Location: Huilo Huilo
- 68 rooms, 19 cabins.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We just returned from an almost three week trip to Patagonia and I wanted to share some info as there really isn't much out there. Read more
Firstly, a big thank you to all who followed along on our travels over the last six month both here and on our blog. Read more
Today Chile and the USA signed an agreement to implement the visa waiver status for Chileans visiting the USA. Read more
· News & Features
Choosing a destination for your honeymoon can prove nearly as challenging a task as finding "the one." ... Read more
Three years after a devastating earthquake, Chile's Central Valley is flourishing again.... Read more
This might just be South America's most underrated destination.... Read more