- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
La Pampa Review
Wealthy local professionals frequent this upscale modern steak house for its huge, delicious cuts of beef and the best papas fritas (french fries) in Temuco. Although most Chilean restaurants douse any kind of meat with a creamy sauce, this is one of the few exceptions: the entrées are served without anything but the simplest of seasonings.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $2900 & up -- South America 14-Day, 5-City Trip w/7 Tours LatinEscapes
- Alluring South America IExplore
- Chile Experience — $4,089 IExplore
- Breathtaking Patagonia — $7,995 IExplore
- Easter Island — $2,222 IExplore
This is the beginning of what will probably be a very long trip report spread over the next few months. Read more
For 12 years+, our "winter's vacation" see us in Tucson, White Stallion ranch for 7-10 days : sun, horses, hikes,...
Anny could no more ride and Salome our daughter is now in university and so this destinatio Read more
Hi fellow travellers!
I am just beginning my planning to South America for 5 months next year and have no idea where to start. I have no idea how much much I will need however have been saving so should Read more
· News & Features
Whether as an ending to a South American tour or as a trip of solely outdoor adventures, Patagonia calls... Read more
The Atacama desert in Chile is the driest place on Earth.... Read more
Wine and beer treatments might be old hat in Europe, but from Chicago to Chile, New World spas are discovering... Read more