- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
Puerto Varas is only about a 20-minute drive from the center of nearby Puerto Montt, making it a virtual suburb of that large city. You can get to the Puerto Montt airport via a 40-minute drive south on Ruta 5. Most of the bus lines that serve Puerto Montt make obligatory stops in Puerto Varas on their way north or south. Around town, there are numerous taxis and several minivan buses, which have various stops, the most prominent one on Avenida Salvador near the corner of Calle Santa Rosa. Both taxis and buses can take you to countryside locations such as Ensenada and Puerto Montt for a minimal cost. You can cross to Argentina via bus or boat.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's