- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
The popular Ski Pucón, in the lap of Volcán Villarrica, is one of the best-equipped ski areas in southern Chile, with 20 runs for varying levels of experience, nine rope tows, three double-chair tows, and equipment rental. The facility offers snowboarding, too. The ski season usually begins early July and can sometimes run through mid-October. High-season rates run 22,000 pesos per day; 18,000 pesos per half day. There is also a restaurant, coffee shop, and boutique shop for various skiing accessories, as well as skiing and snowboard classes. Information about the facility can also be obtained from the Gran Hotel Pucón. Parque Nacional Villarrica. 45/441–901. www.skipucon.cl.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's