- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Sports and the Outdoors
The mountain forms the foundation for Chile's newest ski area, Ski & Outdoors Volcán Osorno, which offers ski and snowboard rentals and lessons. Adults pay 18,000 pesos for a full day of skiing; 13,500 pesos for a half day, with transportation offered from the office in the center of Puerto Varas. San Francisco 333, Puerto Varas. 65/233–445 or 09/262–3323. www.volcanosorno.com.
Make like Tarzan (or Jane) and swing through the treetops in the shadow of Volcán Osorno with Canopy Chile. A helmet, a very secure harness, 2 km (1 mi) of zip line strung out over 12 platforms, and experienced guides give you a bird's-eye view of the forest below. 65/330–922 or 09/638–2644. www.canopychile.cl.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe