- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
One of the great highlights of life in Rancagua includes excursions to the National Rodeo Arena : the Medialuna Monumental, especially in late March, when it is host to the national championship. This is a great opportunity to glimpse huaso tradition in its full glory: horsemanship, riding and cow-herding skills, traditional foods, crafts, music, and dance. Av. Germán Ibarra s/n, at Av. España, Rancagua. 72/221-286. www.caballoyrodeo.cl.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe