- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
From Santiago, take Ruta 68 west through the coastal mountains, turning off to Viña del Mar as the vineyards of the Casablanca valley give way to eucalyptus forests. The spectacular twisting access road (Agua Santa), through hills dotted with Chilean palm trees, drops you on Avenida Alvarez, just a couple of blocks from downtown Viña del Mar. Tur-Bus, Condor, Pullman, and Sol del Pacífico all run buses to Viña del Mar. Tur-Bus leaves from its Alameda terminal. Viña del Mar has the best tourist office on the coast, offering fistfuls of helpful maps and brochures.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's