- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
El Rincón del Poeta
El Rincón del Poeta Review
Inside the entrance to the Neruda museum, this small restaurant has a wonderful ocean view, with seating both indoors and on a protected terrace. The name translates as Poet's Corner, a theme continued in the small but original menu. Corvina Neruda is a sea bass fillet in a mushroom, artichoke, and shrimp cream sauce, and congrio Garcia Lorca is conger eel topped with tomato and bacon. The house specialty is pastel de centolla (king crab pie), and there are lighter dishes such as chicken crepes, salmon ceviche, and a spicy squid scampi.
- Address: Casa-Museo Isla Negra, Camino Vecinal s/n, Isla Negra
- Phone: 35/461–774
- Location: Isla Negra
- No credit cards.
- Closed Mon.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Firstly, a big thank you to all who followed along on our travels over the last six month both here and on our blog. Read more
The goals of this year’s South American safari were good weather and jaguar in the Pantanal and to explore ‘wild’ Peru in Manu, Tambopata and Chaparri Reserve. Read more
I'm trying to fly into SCL and then onward to Punta Arenas. Read more
· News & Features
Choosing a destination for your honeymoon can prove nearly as challenging a task as finding "the one." ... Read more
Three years after a devastating earthquake, Chile's Central Valley is flourishing again.... Read more
This might just be South America's most underrated destination.... Read more