- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
El Chiringuito Review
Pelicans, gulls, and cormorants linger among the fishing boats anchored near this remarkable seafood restaurant. Since it's next door to the fishermen's cooperative, the seafood is always the freshest. For starters choose from machas (razor clams), camarones (shrimp), or ostiones (scallops) cooked al pil pil (with chili sauce and garlic), a la parmesana (with cheese), or a la crema (with a cream sauce). Then sink your teeth into any of half a dozen types of fish, served with different sauces. The dining room—with a floor of crushed shells and hand-carved chairs resembling sea creatures—is a delight.
- Address: Caleta de Zapallar s/n, Zapallar
- Phone: 33/741–024
- Location: Zapallar
- No credit cards.
- No dinner weekdays Mar.–Nov.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My apologies, as I didn't post this trip report on this thread for the Chile portion of our trip! Read more
Here is a trip report on San Pedro de Atacama, Chilehttp://southernpacificreview.com/2014/03/19/san-pedro-de-atacama/ Read more
My daughter and I are/were planning a trip to Chile and staying in Valparaiso. Read more
· News & Features
Choosing a destination for your honeymoon can prove nearly as challenging a task as finding "the one." ... Read more
Three years after a devastating earthquake, Chile's Central Valley is flourishing again.... Read more
This might just be South America's most underrated destination.... Read more