- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- because Portillo attracts few day visitors, the runs and lifts are never crowded
- friendly atmosphere in which skiers from around the world mingle
- minimum seven-night stay
- in bad weather, the road can become blocked, cutting off the hotel
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Portillo Review
Situated high in the Andes, this is a boutique resort with big skiing. Grand Hotel Portillo and its two cheaper annexes provide Saturday-to-Saturday ski vacations. The Tío Bob's mountain restaurant has a gorgeous view of the Laguna del Inca, a brilliant blue lake nestled below snowy mountain peaks. Prices include accommodation for seven nights, eight days of skiing or snowboarding, four meals per day, and access to most après-ski activities.
- Address: Ruta 60 (Camino a Mendoza) s/n, Portillo
- Phone: 2/361–7000 hotel; 2/263–0606 office in Santiago; 800/829–5325 toll-free in U.S.
- Website: www.skiportillo.com
- Location: Portillo Ski Area
- 120 rooms and family apartments, 6 suites.
- Rate includes all-inclusive.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My apologies, as I didn't post this trip report on this thread for the Chile portion of our trip! Read more
Here is a trip report on San Pedro de Atacama, Chilehttp://southernpacificreview.com/2014/03/19/san-pedro-de-atacama/ Read more
This is the beginning of what will probably be a very long trip report spread over the next few months. Read more
· News & Features
Choosing a destination for your honeymoon can prove nearly as challenging a task as finding "the one." ... Read more
Three years after a devastating earthquake, Chile's Central Valley is flourishing again.... Read more
This might just be South America's most underrated destination.... Read more