- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- because Portillo attracts few day visitors, the runs and lifts are never crowded
- friendly atmosphere in which skiers from around the world mingle
- minimum seven-night stay
- in bad weather, the road can become blocked, cutting off the hotel
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Portillo Review
Situated high in the Andes, this is a boutique resort with big skiing. Grand Hotel Portillo and its two cheaper annexes provide Saturday-to-Saturday ski vacations. The Tío Bob's mountain restaurant has a gorgeous view of the Laguna del Inca, a brilliant blue lake nestled below snowy mountain peaks. Prices include accommodation for seven nights, eight days of skiing or snowboarding, four meals per day, and access to most après-ski activities.
- Address: Ruta 60 (Camino a Mendoza) s/n, Portillo
- Phone: 2/361–7000 hotel; 2/263–0606 office in Santiago; 800/829–5325 toll-free in U.S.
- Website: www.skiportillo.com
- Location: Portillo Ski Area
- 120 rooms and family apartments, 6 suites.
- Rate includes all-inclusive.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We just returned from an almost three week trip to Patagonia and I wanted to share some info as there really isn't much out there. Read more
Firstly, a big thank you to all who followed along on our travels over the last six month both here and on our blog. Read more
Today Chile and the USA signed an agreement to implement the visa waiver status for Chileans visiting the USA. Read more
· News & Features
Choosing a destination for your honeymoon can prove nearly as challenging a task as finding "the one." ... Read more
Three years after a devastating earthquake, Chile's Central Valley is flourishing again.... Read more
This might just be South America's most underrated destination.... Read more