Although you can order hummus or lamb stew, this ostensibly Middle Eastern restaurant is more about conjuring up an exotic atmosphere than recreating the cuisine of the region. (The first clue would be that Zanzibar isn't in the Middle East.) The food is tasty, but the real reason to come is to glide across the multicolor mosaic floors and settle into a chair placed beneath dozens of silver lanterns. Tables are just as fanciful, with designs made from pistachio nuts, red peppers, and beans. It's all a bit over the top but fun nonetheless.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My daughter and I decided to visit my grandson’s girlfriend, studying at a university in Valparaiso, Chile. I spent almost three mon... Read more
My apologies, as I didn't post this trip report on this thread for the Chile portion of our trip! I posted it on TA, however I never pos... Read more