- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Plaza de la Constitución
Plaza de la Constitución Review
Palacio de la Moneda and other government buildings line Constitution Square, the country's most formal plaza. The changing of the guard takes place every other day at 10 am within the triangle defined by 12 Chilean flags. Adorning the plaza are four monuments, each dedicated to a notable national figure: Diego Portales, founder of the Chilean republic; Jorge Alessandri, the country's leader from 1958 to 1964; Eduardo Frei Montalva, president from 1964 to 1970; and Salvador Allende (1970–73).
- Address: Moneda at Morandé, La Alameda, Santiago
- Metro La Moneda.
- Location: La Alameda
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My apologies, as I didn't post this trip report on this thread for the Chile portion of our trip! Read more
Here is a trip report on San Pedro de Atacama, Chilehttp://southernpacificreview.com/2014/03/19/san-pedro-de-atacama/ Read more
This is the beginning of what will probably be a very long trip report spread over the next few months. Read more
· News & Features
Choosing a destination for your honeymoon can prove nearly as challenging a task as finding "the one."... Read more
Three years after a devastating earthquake, Chile's Central Valley is flourishing again.... Read more
This might just be South America's most underrated destination.... Read more