- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Museo Chileno de Arte Precolombino
Museo Chileno de Arte Precolombino Review
If you plan to visit only one museum in Santiago, it should be the Museum of Pre-Columbian Art, a block from the Plaza de Armas. The well-endowed collection of artifacts of the region's indigenous peoples, much of it donated by the collector Sergio Larraín García-Moreno, is displayed in the beautifully restored Royal Customs House that dates from 1807. The permanent collection, on the upper floor, showcases ceramics and textiles from Mexico to Patagonia. Unlike many of the city's museums, the displays here are well labeled in Spanish and English. Guided tours in English are available at no extra cost, but booking in advance is required.
- Address: Bandera 361, at Av. CompañíaSantiago Centro, Santiago, 832 0298 Santiago | Map It
- Phone: 2/688-7348 general; 2/688-7348 tour booking
- Cost: Tues.--Sat. 3,000 pesos, Sun. free
- Hours: Tues.--Sun. 10--6
- Website: www.museoprecolombino.cl
- Metro Plaza de Armas.
- Location: Santiago Centro
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
This is the beginning of what will probably be a very long trip report spread over the next few months. Read more
For 12 years+, our "winter's vacation" see us in Tucson, White Stallion ranch for 7-10 days : sun, horses, hikes,...
Anny could no more ride and Salome our daughter is now in university and so this destinatio Read more
I am flying on LAN from El Calafate to Buenos Aires to Santiago on one ticket that arrives in Santiago at 8:20pm. Read more
· News & Features
Whether as an ending to a South American tour or as a trip of solely outdoor adventures, Patagonia calls ... Read more
The Atacama desert in Chile is the driest place on Earth.... Read more
Wine and beer treatments might be old hat in Europe, but from Chicago to Chile, New World spas are discovering... Read more