- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Portillo Ski Area
Numerous world speed records have been broken on the renowned slopes of Portillo, close to the Argentine border. It also has the best views of any of the area's ski resorts. It's a three-hour drive from the city, so a day trip would be exhausting. The only accommodation is Hotel Portillo with its two nearby lodges, which requires a minimum one-week stay.
Portillo Ski Area at a Glance
Contacts & Resources
Elsewhere in Santiago
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's