- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Santiago Hotel Reviews
Santiago's accommodations range from luxurious hoteles to comfortable residenciales, which can be homey bed-and-breakfasts or simple hotel-style accommodations. All the construction in the past decade means competition between hotels is steep, but they still get very full in the high summer season and when there happens to be a large trade fair or business convention (for which March is a peak month). Outside these dates, you can often find a room for up to 20% less than the advertised rack rates, particularly if you are going to stay for more than a couple of days. Call several hotels and ask for the best possible rate. It's a good idea to reserve in advance during the peak seasons (January, February, July, and August).
Some hotels, particularly more expensive ones, quote prices in U.S. dollars rather than pesos. Visitors from abroad are exempt from 19% sales tax, providing they pay in foreign currency or with an overseas credit card.
Browse Santiago Hotels
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's