- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
The Andes: Ever-present jagged mountain peaks ring the capital. Wherever you go, you'll see them and remember that you are at the edge of the world.
Great crafts markets: Fine woolen items, expertly carved figurines, lapis lazuli jewelry, and other handicrafts from across the country are bountiful in Santiago.
Museo Chileno de Arte Precolombino: Occupying a lovely old building in the center of Santiago that used to be the Royal Customs House, this museum's collection of indigenous pottery, jewelry, and artifacts is a joy for the eye.
World-class wineries: Santiago is in the Maipo Valley, the country's oldest wine-growing district, and some of Chile's largest and most traditional wineries—Concha y Toro and Santa Rita—are within an hour's drive of the city, as is the lovely Casablanca Valley.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's