- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Farellones Ski Area
Three world-class ski resorts (El Colorado, La Parva, and Valle Nevado) lie just outside Santiago near the village of Farellones. They have a total of 48 lifts that can carry you to the top of the 1,260 acres of groomed runs. Farellones, with some unremarkable shops, restaurants, and hotels, lies at the base of the Cerro Colorado mountain. All ski areas rent equipment, for about 20,000-25,000 pesos per day.
Farellones Ski Area at a Glance
Contacts & Resources
Elsewhere in Santiago
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's