- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Cajón del Maipo
The Cajón del Maipo, deep in the Andes, is irresistible for those who want to soak in a natural hot spring, stroll through picturesque mountain villages where low adobe houses line the roads, or just take in the stark but majestic landscape. There are hot springs at Baños Morales, just below the Lo Valdés Mountain Center, and higher up the valley at Baños de Colina. The dirt road is rough (and impassable in winter), but the pools of steaming water and the spectacular setting are well worth the effort.
Cajón del Maipo at a Glance
Contacts & Resources
Elsewhere in Santiago
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's