Soccer in Santiago
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Chile's most popular spectator sport is soccer, but a close second is watching the endless bickering among owners, trainers, and players whenever a match isn't going well.
First-division fútbol matches, featuring the city's handful of local teams, are held in the Estadio Nacional, southeast of the city center. Soccer is played year-round, with most matches taking place on weekends. Av. Grecia 2001, Nuñoa, Santiago. 2/238–8102.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's