- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
El Rincón del Tata
El Rincón del Tata Review
This funky little spot is a strange, incongruous addition to the frontier feel of Puerto Natales. Fading movie posters and ‘60s-era magazine ads butt up against a collection of household items, from the town's early days, in the dining room. The wood-burning stove keeps you warm, and Internet access keeps you in touch. Lamb comes in all shapes and styles, including a Middle Eastern kebab, rare in these parts. The salmón a la mantequilla (salmon baked in butter and black pepper) is also decent, but the grilled lamb with garlic sauce is the highlight. Not as great (but forgivable) are the waiters' modish tango hats and the strange mannequins in the front window.
- Address: Arturo Prat 236, Puerto Natales, 6160000
- Phone: 61/614–291
- Location: Puerto Natales
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We just returned from an almost three week trip to Patagonia and I wanted to share some info as there really isn't much out there. Read more
Firstly, a big thank you to all who followed along on our travels over the last six month both here and on our blog. Read more
Today Chile and the USA signed an agreement to implement the visa waiver status for Chileans visiting the USA. Read more
· News & Features
Choosing a destination for your honeymoon can prove nearly as challenging a task as finding "the one."... Read more
Three years after a devastating earthquake, Chile's Central Valley is flourishing again.... Read more
This might just be South America's most underrated destination.... Read more