- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
El Rincón del Tata
El Rincón del Tata Review
This funky little spot is a strange, incongruous addition to the frontier feel of Puerto Natales. Fading movie posters and 60s-era magazine ads butt up against a collection of household items, from the town's early days, in the dining room. The wood-burning stove keeps you warm, and Internet access keeps you in touch. Lamb comes in all shapes and styles, including a Middle Eastern kebab, rare in these parts. The salmón a la mantequilla (salmon baked in butter and black pepper) is also decent, but the grilled lamb with garlic sauce is the highlight. Not as great (but forgivable) are the waiters' modish tango hats and the strange mannequins in the front window.
- Address: Arturo Prat 236, Puerto Natales, 6160000
- Phone: 61/614-291
- Location: Puerto Natales
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $289 -- Chile: Swanky Santiago Hotel w/Breakfast, 35% Off W Santiago
- $2900 & up -- South America 14-Day, 5-City Trip w/7 Tours LatinEscapes
- Alluring South America IExplore
- Chile Experience — $4,089 IExplore
- Breathtaking Patagonia — $7,995 IExplore
This is the beginning of what will probably be a very long trip report spread over the next few months. Read more
For 12 years+, our "winter's vacation" see us in Tucson, White Stallion ranch for 7-10 days : sun, horses, hikes,...
Anny could no more ride and Salome our daughter is now in university and so this destinatio Read more
I will be graduating from an american university in May of 2014, and have decided I am going to backpack South America before entering "the real world". I am planning on bussing the Read more
· News & Features
The Atacama desert in Chile is the driest place on Earth. ... Read more
Wine and beer treatments might be old hat in Europe, but from Chicago to Chile, New World spas are discovering... Read more
The start of a new year is a time for reflection and resolutions.... Read more