- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
There is direct van shuttle service to San Pedro from the Calama airport, which should be arranged in advance. It's a one-hour-plus drive or bus ride (1,500 pesos) from Calama on Ruta 23. Take good care if driving at sundown as there are many accidents at this time due to visibility issues. Tur-Bus and a few other companies serve San Pedro, and the bus terminal is just a few blocks from downtown at the intersection of Lincacabur and Domingo Atienz. If planning other trips around Chile, there's a Tur-Bus ticket window here. There are myriad tour agencies in San Pedro de Atacama. Cosmo Andino Expediciones offers excellent tours with well-informed guides to the Salar de Uyuni and other destinations.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's