- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
It's like snowboarding, only hotter. Many agencies offer a three-hour sandboarding excursion into the Valle de la Muerte from 4 pm to 9 pm - the intelligent way to beat the desert heat. These tours run about 7,000 pesos and include an instructor. If you're brave and have your own transportation, you can rent just the board for 4,000 pesos. There is also a combination sandboarding-and-sunset tour for 15,000 pesos, which closes the day with a desert sunset over the Valle de la Luna. Contact
Turismo Teckara San Pedro de Atacama. 09/8135 - 1675.
Expediciones Corvatch Tocopilla 406, San Pedro de Atacama. 55/851 - 087.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe