- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Museo Arqueológico Gustavo Le Paige
Museo Arqueológico Gustavo Le Paige Review
The museum traces the history of the area from pre-Columbian times through the Spanish colonization, with an awe-inspiring collection of artifacts from the region, including fine examples of textiles and ceramics. The most impressive exhibit is the well-preserved, fetal-positioned Atacameño mummy with her swatch of twisted black hair. Most of the items on display were gathered by the founder, Jesuit missionary Gustavo Le Paige.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Firstly, a big thank you to all who followed along on our travels over the last six month both here and on our blog. Read more
The goals of this year’s South American safari were good weather and jaguar in the Pantanal and to explore ‘wild’ Peru in Manu, Tambopata and Chaparri Reserve. Read more
So I'm thinking about booking an open jaw ticket, landing in Lima and overland going through Bolivia through Brazil to Iquara falls and then fly out from Buenos Aires.
It's my first time in Sth America Read more
· News & Features
Choosing a destination for your honeymoon can prove nearly as challenging a task as finding "the one."... Read more
Three years after a devastating earthquake, Chile's Central Valley is flourishing again.... Read more
This might just be South America's most underrated destination.... Read more