- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Those turned off by the hustle and bustle of Antofagasta will likely be charmed by Juan López, a hodgepodge of pastel-color fishing shacks and a picturesque caleta (cove). In high season, January and February, the beaches are crowded and dirty. The rest of the year you may have the white, silken sand to yourself for a nice stroll or swim.
Juan López at a Glance
Elsewhere in El Norte Grande
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's