- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
Daily flights from Santiago via Sky, AirComet, and LAN arrive 20 minutes from downtown at Calama's El Loa airport (CJC). Bus service to neighboring San Pedro is frequent and fast—it's only about an hour between the two towns. To points north, you can fly to Iquique and Arica in an hour (if you can avoid the puddle-jumper service that adds a few stops), but a bus or car will take you seven and nine hours, respectively. Be very careful when passing the mining company trucks that may slow your journey.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's