- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Five days will give you time for a quick road trip to see the best the region has to offer. Start by visiting the Valle del Encanto near Ovalle to see the petroglyphs, and then visit nearby Viña Tabalí vineyard, ending the day with a relaxing dip in the hot springs at the Termas de Socos. The next morning, head toward the coast to La Serena and spend the day exploring the whitewashed churches and lively markets of this quaint colonial town. On the third day, head inland to the idyllic and mystical village of Pisco Elqui to relax with a massage and the obligatory pisco sour and spend the evening stargazing. The following morning, head north to Bahía Inglesa to sunbathe on some of the region's most beautiful and deserted beaches, finishing on day five in Copiapó after a visit to the Parque Nacional Pan de Azúcar.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe