- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
You're welcome to tour many of the region's pisco distilleries. Several of them are more than 100 years old—Chile's oldest distillery is in the idyllic town of Pisco Elqui in the verdant Elqui Valley. The Solar de Pisco Elqui has been entirely renovated since it began operations, but you can still take a tour of the old plant and learn a bit about how pisco is made. This is where the famous Tres Erres brand is distilled. In Pisco Elqui you'll also find Los Nichos, a quaint 130-year-old distillery that is open to the public, whereas nearby Vicuña is home to the distillery of Chile's most popular brand, Capel. To escape the pisco-loving crowds, head to the Fuego distillery near Vicuña or ask at your hotel about less frequently visited distilleries you can visit in the Limarí Valley.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's