- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
El Norte Chico is a vast region spreading some 700 km (435 mi) between Río Aconcagua and Río Copiapó. Ideally, you'll need more than one base to explore the entire area. In the south, La Serena is a good place to start if you're going to the Elqui Valley. The Limarí Valley is where you'll want to be if your destination is the Valle del Encanto. Copiapó, near the region's northern border, is a convenient stop if you're headed to Parque Nacional Pan de Azúcar.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's