- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- a wide range of programs and activities to get to know the region better
- outside town center
Hotel Limarí Review
By far the best option in Ovalle, this ranch-style hotel with only two floors opened in 2009, at the forefront of a renewed effort to attract tourists to the area. Stone pillars stand tall outside the welcoming lobby, which reflects the ancient cultures for which the area is famous, although the rooms of the hotel are modern and comfortable, with stained wooden headboards, dazzling white linen, and touches of color from soft wool and suede cushions and throws. Staff is very helpful and the on-site restaurant is a favorite with visitors and locals alike for its regional cuisine, which uses local ingredients, such as olive oil and goat cheese.
- Address: Camino Sotaqui at Km 5, Ovalle, 1840000
- Phone: 53/661–400
- Location: Ovalle
- 40 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Firstly, a big thank you to all who followed along on our travels over the last six month both here and on our blog. Read more
The goals of this year’s South American safari were good weather and jaguar in the Pantanal and to explore ‘wild’ Peru in Manu, Tambopata and Chaparri Reserve. Read more
I'm trying to fly into SCL and then onward to Punta Arenas. Read more
· News & Features
Choosing a destination for your honeymoon can prove nearly as challenging a task as finding "the one." ... Read more
Three years after a devastating earthquake, Chile's Central Valley is flourishing again.... Read more
This might just be South America's most underrated destination.... Read more