- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
Copiapó's Desierto de Atacama airport (DAT) is a bit more than one hour's flying time from Santiago and connects to OTHER=points in El Norte Chico and El Norte Grande via Sky and LAN airlines. The DAT is about an hour from Copiapó but more like 30 minutes from Caldera—think of it as a big triangle. Several car rental companies have locations at DAT airport. Copiapó's bus terminal is serviced by all major bus lines. To the north (about 45 minutes to one hour via Ruta 5) lie the beaches of Caldera and Bahía Inglesa.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's