- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
Follow the Pan-American Highway about one hour north until the small towns of Caldera and Bahía Inglesa come into view: you may smell the salty Pacific before you see the buildings. Buses big and small, as well as taxi colectivos, service Caldera, 5 km (3 mi) north of Bahía Inglesa. From Caldera it's a 10-minute cab ride to Bahía Inglesa. To the north lies Antofagasta, about six hours from both Caldera and Bahía Inglesa by car or bus on the Pan-American Highway.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's