- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Some of the most beautiful beaches in El Norte Chico can be found at Bahía Inglesa, which was originally known as Puerto del Inglés because of the number of English buccaneers using the port as a hideaway. It's not just the beautiful white sand that sets these beaches apart, however: it's also the turquoise waters, the fresh air, and the fabulous weather. Combine all this with the fact that the town has yet to attract large-scale development and you can see why so many people flock here in summer. If you are fortunate enough to visit during the low season, you'll likely experience a tranquillity rarely felt in Chile's OTHER=coastal towns.
Bahía Inglesa at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
Elsewhere in El Norte Chico
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's