Sights & Attractions in Easter Island
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
One of the island's most breathtaking sights is Ahu Tongariki...
|Public Art (Mural / Sculpture / Statue), Archaeological Sites||The Southeastern Circuit|
The appeal of this crumbled ahu isn't apparent until you notice...
|Public Art (Mural / Sculpture / Statue), Archaeological Sites||The Western Circuit|
Iglesia Hanga Roa
Missionaries brought Christianity to Rapa Nui, but the Rapa Nui...
|Religious Sites||Hanga Roa|
Museo Antropológico Sebastián Englert
The one-room museum, named for a German priest who dedicated...
|Museums / Galleries||Hanga Roa|
The 48 oval stone houses of this ceremonial village, likely constructed...
|Towns||The Western Circuit|
Here, beside the swaying palm trees, stand the island's best-preserved...
|Public Art (Mural / Sculpture / Statue)||The Southeastern Circuit|
Scoria, the reddish stone used to make the topknots for the moai...
|Geological Sites||The Western Circuit|
This huge volcano on the southern tip of the island affords wonderful...
|Volcano||The Western Circuit|
When it comes to moai, this is the mother lode. Some 400 moai...
|Volcano, Public Art (Mural / Sculpture / Statue)||The Southeastern Circuit|
The ancient ceremonial center of Tahai, where much of the annual...
|Public Art (Mural / Sculpture / Statue), Religious Sites||Hanga Roa|
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe