Diving in Easter Island
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
The crystal-clear waters of the South Pacific afford great visibility for snorkelers and divers. Dozens of types of colorful fish as well as turtles flourish in the warm waters surrounding the island's craggy volcanic rocks. Some of the most spectacular underwater scenery is at Motu Nui and Motu Iti, two adjoining islets just off the coast.
Orca Diving Center provides a boat, a guide, and all your diving gear for US$60 per person or US$80 at night. You can rent a snorkeling mask and fins. Caleta de Hanga Roa. 32/255-0877 or 32/255-0375. www.seemorca.cl.
Mike Rapu Diving Center offers similar services at more or less the same prices. You can also rent canoes and surf boards. Caleta de Hanga Roa. 32/255-1055. www.mikerapu.cl.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe