When to Go
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
When to Go
When best to visit Chiloé? In one word, summer. The islands usually get only 60 days of sunshine a year, mostly during the summer months of December to March. Some parts of Chiloé, much like the Pacific Northwest and Ireland, receive more than 150 inches of rain annually, and most of that falls between April and November. You should be prepared for rain any time of year, though. The high-season crowds are not overwhelming, and they make the island look festive. Off-season Chiloé is beguilingly forlorn. Though admittedly not for everyone, the mist and fog that prevail here deepen the mystery of the island, while the crisp, breezy air is refreshing.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's