- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
El Fogon de Cucao
At a Glance
- excellent service
- few rooms so bookings must be made in advance
Check Rates from our Partners
El Fogon de Cucao Review
Founded in 1997 by Miguel Angel, a longtime reporter for some of Chile's most important newspapers, the Fogon de Cucao is a cozy architectural gem of a hotel. Made from nearby native trees by the owner himself, the hotel has a homey atmosphere with rustic decor and big beds. Some rooms have their own terraces, where guests can sit and gaze out at a tremendous view of the park and Cucao Lake. Facilities are spotless. The restaurant occasionally hosts live music, and there's also a campground and a general store. The hotel will happily arrange horseback excursions through the park's hills, forests, and beaches.
- Address: Within Chiloé National Park, near Cucao entrance at southern end of park,
- Phone: 9/946–5685
- Location: Parque Nacional Chiloé
- 9 rooms, 1 cabin.
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We just returned from an almost three week trip to Patagonia and I wanted to share some info as there really isn't much out there. Read more
Firstly, a big thank you to all who followed along on our travels over the last six month both here and on our blog. Read more
Today Chile and the USA signed an agreement to implement the visa waiver status for Chileans visiting the USA. Read more
· News & Features
Choosing a destination for your honeymoon can prove nearly as challenging a task as finding "the one." ... Read more
Three years after a devastating earthquake, Chile's Central Valley is flourishing again.... Read more
This might just be South America's most underrated destination.... Read more