- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
El Fogon de Cucao
At a Glance
- excellent service
- few rooms so bookings must be made in advance
Check Rates from our Partners
El Fogon de Cucao Review
Founded in 1997 by Miguel Angel, a longtime reporter for some of Chile's most important newspapers, the Fogon de Cucao is a cozy architectural gem of a hotel. Made from nearby native trees by the owner himself, the hotel has a homey atmosphere with rustic decor and big beds. Some rooms have their own terraces, where guests can sit and gaze out at a tremendous view of the park and Cucao Lake. Facilities are spotless. The restaurant occasionally hosts live music, and there's also a campground and a general store. The hotel will happily arrange horseback excursions through the park's hills, forests, and beaches.
- Address: Within Chiloé National Park, near Cucao entrance at southern end of park,
- Phone: 9/946–5685
- Location: Parque Nacional Chiloé
- 9 rooms, 1 cabin.
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My apologies, as I didn't post this trip report on this thread for the Chile portion of our trip! Read more
Here is a trip report on San Pedro de Atacama, Chilehttp://southernpacificreview.com/2014/03/19/san-pedro-de-atacama/ Read more
This is the beginning of what will probably be a very long trip report spread over the next few months. Read more
· News & Features
Choosing a destination for your honeymoon can prove nearly as challenging a task as finding "the one." ... Read more
Three years after a devastating earthquake, Chile's Central Valley is flourishing again.... Read more
This might just be South America's most underrated destination.... Read more