- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Hotel & Cabanas Huildin
At a Glance
- historic building
- views of the bay
- cozy, comfortable ambience
- some rooms are small
- no restaurant
- room service ends at 2 pm
Hotel & Cabanas Huildin Review
Built in 1945, this building was originally a private home, then for many years a restaurant, until in 1992 it became a hotel. Huildin and several other large houses on Centenario Street in a similar neoclassical style—made out of native alerce wood (a tree similar to the California redwood)—have been declared national monuments. Furnishings, however, are modern. Behind the main building are 10 fully equipped cabins overlooking the harbor. Given Chonchi's relatively short distance to both Castro and Chiloé Park, this is a good option for those travelers moving through Chiloé by car.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Firstly, a big thank you to all who followed along on our travels over the last six month both here and on our blog. Read more
The goals of this year’s South American safari were good weather and jaguar in the Pantanal and to explore ‘wild’ Peru in Manu, Tambopata and Chaparri Reserve. Read more
This time we are really retiring!
Just got back from SEA and back at work and already planning our retirement trip next fall to South America.
Mid-sixties, active, healthy, husband speaks ok Spanish. Read more
· News & Features
Choosing a destination for your honeymoon can prove nearly as challenging a task as finding "the one." ... Read more
Three years after a devastating earthquake, Chile's Central Valley is flourishing again.... Read more
This might just be South America's most underrated destination.... Read more