- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Hotel Tierra del Fuego
At a Glance
- great location
- good restaurant
- amicable staff
- rooms vary in quality
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Tierra del Fuego Review
This rambling alerce-shingle house, dating from the 1920s, is on Quellón's waterfront. You'll notice a significant change of light when you've crossed the threshold between the original rooms, with their small windows, and those added in the past decade. Opt for one of the wood-paneled rooms in the newer wing or on the third floor; they maintain the style of the original house, and sunlight streams in through big windows. Everyone in town seems to stop by for lunch at the bustling restaurant downstairs.
- Address: Av. Pedro Montt 445, Quellón
- Phone: 65/682–079
- Location: Quellón
- 23 rooms, 2 suites; 14 with bath.
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My apologies, as I didn't post this trip report on this thread for the Chile portion of our trip! Read more
Here is a trip report on San Pedro de Atacama, Chilehttp://southernpacificreview.com/2014/03/19/san-pedro-de-atacama/ Read more
My daughter and I are/were planning a trip to Chile and staying in Valparaiso. Read more
· News & Features
Choosing a destination for your honeymoon can prove nearly as challenging a task as finding "the one."... Read more
Three years after a devastating earthquake, Chile's Central Valley is flourishing again.... Read more
This might just be South America's most underrated destination.... Read more