- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Mercado Chonchi Review
In a tidy building (opened in 2007), this market with four restaurants is a great spot for an informal lunch, though it's also open for dinner. The restaurants, in a food court overlooking the water, mainly serve the standard Chiloé fare such as curanto and assorted seafoods. A favorite is the restaurant Ballena Azul, which makes great pizza.
- Address: End of waterfront, Chonchi
- Location: Chonchi
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We just returned from an almost three week trip to Patagonia and I wanted to share some info as there really isn't much out there. Read more
Firstly, a big thank you to all who followed along on our travels over the last six month both here and on our blog. Read more
Today Chile and the USA signed an agreement to implement the visa waiver status for Chileans visiting the USA. Read more
· News & Features
Choosing a destination for your honeymoon can prove nearly as challenging a task as finding "the one." ... Read more
Three years after a devastating earthquake, Chile's Central Valley is flourishing again.... Read more
This might just be South America's most underrated destination.... Read more