- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
Dalcahue is about an hour from Ancud along paved roads. There is also frequent bus service, particularly from Castro, which is about a 15-minute drive from Dalcahue. Dalcahue Expreso buses can be caught at Castro's bus terminal (at the corner of Freire and O'Higgins) or at several bus stops along the road between Dalcahue and Ancud.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe