Tours in Ancud
Austral Adventures has a 50-foot vessel, the Cahuella, that takes visitors on extended trips throughout Chiloé. It also arranges kayaking, trekking, bird-watching, and bilingual, tailor-made trips. Ancud. 65/625–977. www.austral-adventures.com.
Chepu Adventures offers kayaking, bird-watching, fishing, nature walks, and more. Ancud. 9/379-2481. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chiloé Indomito offers guided hiking and naturalist trips in northern Chiloé along the western coast. Ancud. 9/509–3741. www.chiloeindomito.com.
Richard Dodge is a travel consultant, guide, and translator. Ancud. 9/097-6480. email@example.com.
Rios Magicos runs fly-fishing, bird-watching, trekking, and canoeing trips. Ancud. 7/621-1859. www.ahumadoartesanal.blogspot.com.
Turismo Pehuen has island-wide tours that include a stop in Ancud, as well as one-day tours of historic sites in and around Ancud. Esmeralda 198, Ancud. 65/635-254. www.turismopehuen.cl.
More Sports and Outdoors
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's