Chiloé Travel Guide
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Plan Your Chiloé Vacation
Steeped in magic, shrouded in mist, the 41-island archipelago of Chiloé is that proverbial world apart, isolated not so much by distance from the mainland as by the quirks of history. Almost all of the island's 130,000 residents are descendants of a seamless blending of colonial and indigenous cultures, a tradition that entwines farming and fishing, devout Catholicism and spirits of good and evil, woolen sweaters and wooden churches.
There are several good hotels on Chiloé, but none would pass for luxury lodgings on the mainland. That said, the islands have perfectly acceptable, reasonably...read more
As befits an island culture, seafood reigns in Chiloé. The signature Chilote dish is the curanto, a hearty stew of shellfish, chicken, sausages, and smoked...read more
Things To Do in Chiloé
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
Now57° F Clear 41% Humidity April 21, 2014 at 10:00AM
Check historic weather for your trip datesArriving:
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My apologies, as I didn't post this trip report on this thread for the Chile portion of our trip! Read more
Here is a trip report on San Pedro de Atacama, Chilehttp://southernpacificreview.com/2014/03/19/san-pedro-de-atacama/ Read more