When to Go
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
When to Go
November through March is normally hot and humid. Rainfall is quite frequent, but less intense than in northern Brazil. Some years might have extremely rainy El Niño–related summers or, conversely, quite dry La Niña–affected years. January and February are top vacation months, so expect crowded beaches, busy highways, and higher prices. Winter (April–November) brings much cooler temperatures, sometimes as low as the upper 20s in the higher elevations at night. Major cold fronts blowing in from Patagonia can bring some gray, blustery days, usually followed by chilly days with deep blue skies.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's