- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The seafront town of Porto Belo lies at the base of a peninsula dotted with beaches, bays, and coves, and it has a great reputation among Argentine and Paraguayan tourists for its natural beauty, nice beaches, and many water sports. It's a port of call for some of the Buenos Aires-Rio cruise lines. The calm waters of the Porto Belo bay are a haven for scuba diving, snorkeling, sailing, and fishing. Porto Belo is an ideal base for exploring the paradisiacal landscapes of the region.
Porto Belo at a Glance
Elsewhere in The South
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's