- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Around Garopaba you can find great beaches and sand dunes, green hills, and rocky cliffs that end right in the ocean. Praia do Rosa and Praia da Ferrugem have acquired national recognition for their awesome beauty and laid-back atmosphere. This is also prime sandboarding and surfing territory, but watching the baleia-franca (right whales) breeding grounds off the coast—a protected area—is quickly becoming popular. The warm waters here attract whales from Patagonia (especially from Peninsula Valdéz) July through November.
Garopaba at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
Elsewhere in The South
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe