- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Gramado's "smaller sister" is quieter and more low-profile. Brazilians immediately associate this city with the beautiful Caracol Waterfall, but it also has great shopping, for cotton and wool-knit apparel, handmade embroidered items, and handicrafts. The impressive views of the forest-clad valleys with meandering rivers also bring many tourists.
Most visitors stay in Gramado, which has many more accommodations, and visit the attractions in Canela as a day trip.
Canela at a Glance
Elsewhere in The South
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's