- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The cradle of the prosperous Vale do Itajaí region, Blumenau is a pleasant city of more than 300,000, with clean streets and friendly people. Its name is indicative of its German origins. Downtown has been restored to preserve the early German enxaimel architectural style of half-timber and half-brick construction, which is called Fachwerk in German (it resembles the Tudor style).
Blumenau at a Glance
Elsewhere in The South
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's