Erected by slaves and dedicated to Princess Isabel, the monarch who eventually put an end to slavery, this lighthouse was inaugurated in 1846. Surrounded by a system of battlements, it operated for 111 years and was not deactivated until 1957. In 1982 it underwent a restoration and was designated a municipal historic monument. It now houses the Museu de Fortaleza, better known as the Museu do Farol, with exhibits on the city's history.
Av. Vicente de Castro s/n, Fortaleza, 60180-410, Brazil