- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Buggy Tours. One of the highlights of Jericoacoara's is exploring the dunes by beach buggy. There are various possible routes depending on the amount of time you have. First-timers should journey to the village of Tatajuba, passing through mangroves and stopping off at the Rio Camboa to spot sea horses. On arrival at Tatajuba, lunch is served while you relax in hammocks suspended on the edges of the Lagoa da Torta. The average price is R$250 for four people. Other itineraries include a trip to the Lagoa Azul (Blue Lake) to bathe in the cystalline waters, or across the dunes at Praia do Préa. Ask for a recommendation from your pousada for the best bugueiro. Jericoacoara.
More Sports and Outdoors
- Buggy Rides
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe